The Vista Hermosa community was established in 1990 to provide safe, affordable housing for employees of Broetje Orchards. To serve the educational needs of families living in the community, a number of programs are offered for children, youth, and adults.
Year-round care for children ages 1 month to 5 years. Educational programs focus on social development, early literacy and readiness for kindergarten.
Vista Hermosa Elementary
K-5th grade education programming includes:
- partnership with Prescott School District
- daily before and after-school programming
- servant leadership and service learning
- 8 week 'Camp Vista' summer program
Youth and Adult Programming
Personal and leadership development opportunities in the community to strengthen skills and community engagement.
- after school tutoring
- ESL and GED classes
- Summer Youth and Leadership Camp
- Health Promotora outreach
- Sports team
- Community events and outings