Investing in our employees as whole individuals
Our success is directly attributable to the dedication of our year-round and seasonal employees. Without their skill and hard work, we would not be the business we are today.
Broetje Orchards employs over 1,100 year-round employees. By investing in their personal and professional development, we know we benefit our business productivity. But we also impact the families and communities around us who rely on these individuals for stability and livelihoods. As such we invest in the following.
a.) Job security and family friendly policies
- fair wages
- limited night shift
- year-round employment through extended growing season and crop varieties
- accommodating parent involvement in school activities
- on-site nurse practitioner
- dental van
- safety trainings
- ESL classes
- Scholarships for staff and students
- on-site childcare at New Horizon Early Learning Center
- Vista Hermosa Community: both seasonal and year-round housing on-site at Broetje Orchards
- Tierra Vida Community: rental and home ownership opportunities in Pasco, WA