The Scholarship Program offers financial support and encouragement to low-income and first-generation college students who might otherwise not be able to continue their education and pursue their dreams for the future.
- FirstFruits Scholarship—open to all children of Broetje Orchards employees and graduates of Jubilee Leadership Academy. Renewable for up to five years for a BA degree, depending on good academic standing, regular communication, and approved service to community.
- Adult Lifetime Learning Scholarship—open to low-income adults in Walla Walla, Benton, and Franklin counties who wish to pursue higher education.
For latest press release click here.
Scholarship Application Process
Selection Process: the Scholarship Committee exercises fair and impartial judgment in making awards based on Foundation criteria and guidelines including but not limited to the following.
- Personal essay on goals, achievements, service, commitment and conformity to Core Values of Vista Hermosa Foundation.
- Documented community service.
- Personal interviews and recommendations.
- Timely submission of the complete Application.
- Parent and student attendance at Mandatory Orientation Meeting.
- Parent and student signatures on Acceptance of Scholarship
NOTE: Out-of-state and out-of-country students and parents are not required to attend mandatory orientation meetings, but they must submit a letter describing how they will communicate, support the student and encourage accountability.
DEADLINES: the committee reviews applications two times per year.
To determine your eligibility or to begin the application process, please send your inquiries to: email@example.com